- O Fórum UE-África de Investimento Verde é já esta semana!
Inscreva-se para acompanhar e participar no maior diálogo euro-africano sobre Transição Verde:
On 23rd April, 2021 the Portuguese Presidency of the Council of the European Union and the European investment Bank convened the High-level EU-Africa Green Investment Forum and the Green Talks that preceded it with this background in mind – a 30-day dialogue between Africa and the EU.
The High-level EU-Africa Green Investment Forum provided an opportunity for decision makers, experts, the private sector and other civil society members to come together to discuss opportunities, share practices and accelerate project proposals to deliver for green investment across Africa.
As a whole, more than 7000 people registered for the Green Talks and for the Forum, bringing voices from all over the two continents, joining in the biggest euro-african dialogue on Climate Transition.
- Meeting the objectives set by the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals, along with a fair, rapid and resilient recovery for both continents, as the highest priorities in our Partnership with Africa;
- Supporting the EU’s and Africa’s ambition for a greener economy;
- Boosting Africa’s green transition as an enormous opportunity to create jobs, reduce inequalities, improve health and create sustainable livelihoods while fostering sustainable economic growth for decades to come;
- Supporting the private sector’s key role in the ongoing paradigm shift by developing green and sustainable business models that are profitable, create jobs and generate wealth, while preserving natural resources;
- Working together in adaptation to climate change through the development of measures at local, regional and national level, as well as strategies for disaster risk reduction;
- Developing European investment in Africa, through a three-pronged approach to financing, namely by scaling-up ambition, bringing-in new actors and bridging towards the demand from the private sector;
- Fostering the digital transformation and sharing knowledge, fostering skills and helping to develop infrastructure;
- Engaging in the energy transition in Africa and Europe, as a unique opportunity to leapfrog old polluting sources of energy and outdated business models and replace them with green and sustainable solutions while improving efficiency, cutting emissions and enhancing productivity;
- Helping to fully unleash Africa’s renewable potential, in parallel with sustainable economic growth and social development.
As a milestone in the build-up to the next EU-AU Summit, the High-level EU-Africa Green Investment Forum has been clear in confirming the Green Transition as a top priority for consolidating a fruitful and mutually beneficial partnership between the EU and Africa.